The Lab Co. has teamed up with sustainable and community-centric brand Gym+Coffee on a handy sports care guide. In this guide, we will give you tips on how to look after and maintain your Gym+Coffee activewear, making sure that you always feel confident and comfortable, no matter your chosen exercise.
Tip 1: Hand Wash Performance Fabrics with Care
Let's start with the basics: washing your Gym+Coffee activewear. While it may be tempting to toss everything into the washing machine, sometimes it might be better to hand wash your gym items like sports bras and tops. Hand washing allows you to control the pressure preventing unnecessary stretching or wear and tear.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use our sports detergent to wash Gym+Coffee athleisure:
- Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water.
- Add 15-20ml of our non-toxic sports detergent, specially formulated to be gentle on the fabric while effectively removing sweat and odours.
- Submerge your Gym+Coffee clothing into the soapy water and gently work the detergent into the fabric fibres.
- Lightly and gently rub any heavily sweated or soiled areas with your fingers.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water until all detergent is washed out.
- Gently press out excess water; avoid wringing or twisting that can damage the fabric .
- Lay the items flat on a clean towel to air dry. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can fade the colours.
Tip 2: Machine Washing Sportswear with Care
Although hand washing is the preferred method for washing your activewear, we understand that sometimes you may need the convenience of a washing machine. If that's the case, it's important to take extra precautions to protect your clothing during a wash cycle.
To machine wash your activewear safely, follow these simple steps:
Place your Gym+Coffee activewear inside a specialist delicates bag. This simple yet effective accessory acts as a shield against the rough agitation of the washing machine, reducing the risk of fabric pilling and stretching during the spin cycle.
- Set your washing machine to a gentle cycle with a low-temperature setting (cold or lukewarm water) and choose a low-spin setting to minimise wear and tear.
- Depending on the weight of your laundry load, use between 15-40mls of our sports detergent, using only as much as necessary.
- After the cycle finishes, immediately remove your clothes from the washing machine and hang/or lay flat to fully air dry.
Advice: Boost Fragrance with a Natural Sports Mist
Boost the freshness of your freshly washed activewear with our natural sports mist. Specifically designed for sportswear, our TLC sports mist contains advanced technology that blends essential oils of Cuban grapefruit and ylang yang giving you an energising, refreshing fragrance that is gentle on your skin and clothing. It’s non-toxic, has zero harsh chemicals and effectively deodorised and boosts the fragrance of your clothes.
Tip 3: Deodorise Your Clothes and Shoes After Every Workout
Sweat is a part of any successful workout, but it can leave your activewear with lingering odours. To keep your Gym + Coffee clothing smelling fresh, we recommend deodorising your gym kit after each wear.
Here's how to use our sports mist to keep your activewear fresh:
Lightly spray the inside of your Gym + Coffee activewear from a distance of 10-15cm, focusing on areas prone to sweat. Our sports mist is non-toxic and made with natural ingredients, preserving the longevity of your performance clothing. Hang the clothes to fully air dry before storing them.
After your workout, remove the insoles from your shoes to let them breathe. Lightly spray the inside of your shoes, as well as the insoles, from a distance of 10-15cm. Leave them in a well-ventilated area to air dry completely before wearing them again.
Your Gym+Coffee athleisure is an investment in both fashion and fitness.n With proper care and our care guide, it will continue to make you feel confident and comfortable during your exercise sessions, season after season. So, go ahead and break a sweat, knowing that your activewear is in safe hands and always ready for your next workout adventure.